Magical outings and activities to celebrate Christmas in the Vienne
Events & outings, Kids love it
The magic of Christmas is making a comeback with fanfare throughout the Vienne ! From the beginning of December, the magical atmosphere invades all the towns and villages of the department to offer you a month full of stars in your eyes. So we said to ourselves that you would like to know outings and activities to celebrate Christmas in the Vienne, let's go for a sparkling mini road trip!
See you at the end of the year!
Step 1: Take in Poitiers for Christmas
The Christmas festivities in Poitiers: a must in 2023, with lovely new features that will please the whole family!
Head to Poitiers city center to celebrate Christmas
Magical novelties invade the streets of the center of the city of a hundred steeples, to celebrate the Christmas holidays as it should be! Appointment early December ...
It was in 2023 to celebrate Christmas
- Choo-choouu: a little electric train will take over the city center to transport visitors for free
- A toy recycler in the Pop-up shop from the city. Buy or sell your children's toys and books there!
- A huge bright wooden stand with Nutcracker, to enjoy sweets and delicacies, yum!
On the Place du Maréchal Leclerc (Place de la Mairie)
- 32 Christmas chalets highlighting craftsmanship et local delicacies. 3 chalets are dedicated to local creators, who will take turns over several days
- The great wheel to observe the city from the sky! Smaller than previous years, it will always please young and old alike.
- A magnificent decorated tree as well as 4 rides
The entire city center of Poitiers comes to life
- Carriage rides between Square de la République and Blossac Park, and pony rides from Place Charles de Gaulle: experience the magic of Christmas with the animals!
- Meetings with Santa ! To have a chance to prove to him that the children have been good, we tell you when to meet him: between 15 p.m. and 19 p.m., every Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Friday
- At Blossac Park : the traditional funfair of our favorite park is back
- Lots of activities are planned at the Palace, as well as Holy Cross Museum of Poitiers entry to which will be free!
- Always dozens of gift ideas Comptoir du Poitou at the Maison du Tourisme et du Terroir, THE local shop in the department of Vienne, on Place Charles de Gaulle
Meet on the banks of the Clain at the Guinguette Pictave
This year again, the Guinguette Pictave has continued to surprise us with a truly warm Christmas!
Not less than 10 Christmas chalets will be installed, to come and meet more than 40 local creators the last five weekends before December 25! A Christmas wouldn't be entirely magical without a traditional carousel from 1900... the children will be delighted! With this, a visit from Santa Claus and musical entertainment and games will liven up the place on the banks of the Clain.
Foodies will not be left out: warm up in igloos with delicious Savoyard fondues, soups and raclettes, in the heart of a fir forest. YUM ! No need to go to the mountains, it is she who will come to you this winter in Poitiers ! Wine and hot chocolate, seasonal desserts (hot chestnuts, pancakes, etc.), and other dishes with the Foodtrucks on site will delight your taste buds!
Step 2: Marvel at Saint-Savin Abbey during the holidays
His frescoes are listed as UNESCO World Heritage, we never tire of exploring it from top to bottom, from the abbey church to the monks' building. The Abbey of Saint-Savin will shine brightly in December, with free screenings and open access.
Parents and children will benefit from entertainment, stands from local producers, numerous games, Christmas music and festive treats as soon as night falls!
Step 3: Experience the Futuroscope atmosphere in Christmas mode
Like every year, the Futuroscope park invites young and old to explore the park in a luminous atmosphere, in Christmas colors. Our dear friend Santa Claus will be present to welcome good children. And to continue the experience, the 3D film “The Bear and the Squirrel”, the Illusio magic show, and the nighttime show “La Clé des Songes” will transport you into the magical atmosphere of Christmas.
Bonus: you don't know where to spend the end of year holidays? Reserve a gourmet table for New Year’s Eve on December 24 and 31 in the park's restaurants (reservation required)!
Step 4: Take a break at Château de la Mothe-Chandeniers
The Fairies are only Mothe-Chandeniers Castle that you will be able to experience them! During the Christmas festivities, the castle and its reflection in the water moat will be adorned with multiple lights and decorations to transport you to a completely different world, that of fairy tales.
End the year in style, with these illuminations filled with softness for the eyes, which will highlight each facade of this ruin that thousands of people are trying to save.
Step 5: Enjoy illuminated Châtellerault
Throughout the month of December, the town of Châtellerault lights up at nightfall, from the city center to the Manu site via the Henri IV bridge. Carousel from 1900, chalets filled with good local products, carriage rides for young and old… To complete, go to theChâtellerault Tourist Office to play many games, and try to win gifts! Christmas will be magical!
At the Manu, the La Forge ice rink like every year, offers numerous activities to immerse yourself in the magical atmosphere of Christmas while skating. On Saturday, go there to discover the joys of skating with demonstrations at the skate park.
Bonuses in Grand Châtellerault :
- the Village de Lutin in Vaux-sur-Vienne from the end of January to mid-January, to brighten the eyes of young and old
- Christmas Fairies in Lésigny sur Creuse
Step 6: Stroll through the Christmas atmosphere of our villages
The Christmas atmosphere settles in the four corners of the department of Vienne ! Family entertainment at Archaeological Museum of Civaux, passing through those at Montmorillon City of Writing and Book Professions, or in the town of Loudun with its rich remains, you will find something to occupy your children and amaze them. Create your decorations, participate in Christmas-themed escape game, listen to popular songs, or make up your children !
Santa Claus will also be present almost everywhere (thanks to his superpowers!), it's up to you to go and meet him! Also think about gift ideas, which you will easily find in Christmas markets in December.
Extend the magic of Christmas…
with the Christmas Markets, the events organized throughout the department, our ideas for local and original gifts, and much more to add sparkle to your life at the end of the year!