Château de Jalnay
This fine historical château is set in walled grounds of 4 hectares with a magnificent garden offering a superb view. Near the Loire Châteaux, 25 km from Chinon and 30 km from Saumur, in the middle of the countryside, the Château de Jalnay was originally a winemaker’s house (17th century). You can see the remains of the wine presses in our underground cave cellars. Ancient trees and statues complete the landscape in the château’s superb verdant grounds.
There is a large swimming pool (20x10m), an outdoor kitchen for use in summer, and in the garden there is a children’s playground. Guests can also play boules and table tennis and enjoy a bike ride or walk, and are welcome to pick the fruit growing on the estate while they explore.
The Château de Jalnay has 5 elegant chambres d’hôtes, each with en-suite bathroom.
- Chambre du Roi (sleeps 2): this bedroom is furnished with antique furniture, and the walls are decorated with Toile de Jouy wallpaper.
- Chambre de la Reine (sleeps 2): beige and sandy tones and antique furniture create a subdued, peaceful atmosphere.
- Chambre du Valet (sleeps 3): family suite decorated predominantly in subtle shades of blue.
- Chambre du Joker (sleeps 2): this bedroom features a magnificent rug depicting grape harvesters treading grapes.
- Tour du Chevalier (sleeps 4): family suite with 2 bedrooms, creating a romantic atmosphere with exposed beams, pastel tones and a private balcony with an uninterrupted view.
All our bedrooms have an en-suite bathroom with shower/bath or bath and shower, toilet, WiFi and television, bath robes, hairdryer, tea and coffee-making facilities and a safe.
Also available: a guests’ lounge with television, dining room with open fire and terraces in the grounds on which to sit and relax…
On request we can prepare you a picnic basket for a lovely picnic in the grounds or to take out with you to a little lake 15 minutes from the Château… You also have the option of dining at the Château, enjoying a succulent meal prepared by the owners. Menu du Château €33, menu Campagne €43, menu Gastronomique €53.
Welcome to the Château de Jalnay!