Pods et Mobile-homes du Camping de Vauchiron
The 2-star municipal camp site at Vauchiron covers an area of 4 hectares on the banks of the River Vonne (category 2 fishing river) and on the edge of the Forêt du Grand Parc (160 ha), in magnificent verdant surroundings. Its geographical location ensures complete peace and quiet. Open from 15 April to 30 September, it has 100 pitches and three static caravans for rent. The 3 static caravans are on the edge of the forest with an amazing view of the upper town. Each caravan has a canopied terrace with hedge partition and comprises: one double bedroom + 1 twin bedroom + a double sofa bed in the living room.
They are located close to the shared camp site facilities (in addition to the facilities in each caravan):
- two toilet/shower blocks
- laundry point
- recreation/relaxation room with television
- WiFi access. Located 5 minutes on foot from the nearest shops and the medieval town of Lusignan, which stands on a rocky promontory overlooking the Vonne Valley. The camp site is a great stopover on a family holiday or for use as a base for exploring the town and surrounding area.
- Snack bar (July and August),
- Outdoor activities centre, kayaking, swimming (lifeguard on duty in July and August),
- Mini-golf, children's playground,
- Volleyball, table tennis, boules,
- Public access to the forest with lots of footpaths,
- Fishing (category 2 river)
- Summer events.
- The historical town of Lusignan, home of the legend of the Fairy Mélusine
- Stained Glass Museum in Curzay
- Church of St John the Baptist in Jazeneuil
- Gallo-Roman site in Sanxay
- Château de Marconnay in Sanxay
- Futuroscope Theme Park (35min)