Church of St. Antoine
- Senillé Saint-Sauveur
Set above the small town of Saint-Sauveur, this church, Founded by the Antonin Order of monks in 1366, was part of the Foucaudière Commandery and was destroyed during the Hundred Years War. Rebuilt in a late Gothic style, it was burnt down during the wars of religion, it was rebuilt at the beginning of the 17th C. The entrance to the church is preceded by a monumental porch ; the nave of the church is one of the best examples of flamboyant Gothic architecture in la Vienne. The chapel of the Virgin is build over a crypt. The stained glass window illustrates the Annunciatio.The great chancel window depicts the 'Adoration of the Magi', and the flat end of the church overlooks the Village of Saint Sauveur.
The church is one of a group of churches called "eglises acceuillantes" for which an explanatory document is available.