Saint Just Church
Consisting of a simple nave with no transept, the 12th century church has a raised roof used for defence during the 100 Years War. The flat-ended chancel was rebuilt in 1536 in the late Gothic style. The sculptures, both inside and out, are consecrated to beasts or to vegetation. Phallic-tailed monsters decorate the chapels while griffins and women decorate the modillions. The gilded wooden tabernacle dates from 1753 as well as the stained glass window of the Miracle of the Host in the chancel, created by the Guerithault brothers who were pupils of Ingres and Vernet. Not to miss: the pretty medieval-looking bridge over the Clain. Nearby: Availles-Limouzine, offering fishing and relaxation on the banks of the Vienne River.